2017-2018 Committee Chairpersons
Benefit: Nikki Bengry
Blood Drive: Nicole Lazaris
Box Tops and LFE: Anne Sackrison
Chris Cakes Pancake Dinner: Jill Smith
Directory: Lorelei Wakula
Entertainment Book Sales: Megan Scribner
Family Dance: Julie Mistretta & Tracy Wroblewski
Family Picnic: Nicole Wilson & Nikki Bengry
Fifth Grade Celebration: Megan Scribner & Gretchen Frisen
First Day Coffee: Joanne Cruz
Green Schools: Kim Ethridge
Holiday Shoppe: Michelle Cruz, Joanne Cruz & Jill Smith
Husky Dads: Matt Sackrison
Jog-A-Thon: Beth McCarty & Elizabeth Ronan
Little Free Library Library Steward: Anne Sackrison
Mom2Mom Sale: Julie Wishaw
Mom's Night Out: Nikki Bengry, Sage Hegdal & Nicole Wilson
Restaurant Night Coordinator: Caty Baydoun
Room Parent Coordinator: Nikki Bengry & Sage Hegdal
School Board Liaison: Nicole Karbousky
School Pictures: Beth McCarty & Elizabeth Ronan
School Sign: Matt Sackrison
Science Night: Danielle Durham
Sinking Funds for the TSD: Donna O'Reilly & Anne Sackrison
Spiritwear: Beth McCarty
Teacher Appreciation Week: Julie Wishaw
Troy Special Services Parent Advisory Committee Liaison: Sage Hegdal
Variety Show: Gretchen Friesen & Julie Mistretta
Volunteers and Nominations: Nikki Bengry
Watchs D.O.G.S: John Grayson
Webpage: Sage Hegdal
Yearbook: Matt Sackrison
Open PTO Chairperson Positions
Please reach out to Nikki Bengry if you have any questions or are interested in chairing any of these positions. Her e-mail address is Nicole.Bengry@gmail.com
4th Grade Flower Sale Chairperson (Spring 2018)
Silent Auction Chairperson
Kindness Awareness Week Chairperson
How Does Your Family Benefit From Hill PTO?
- We pay for major purchases as requested by staff and as the budget permits.
- We fund every teacher $250 for classroom enrichment. This is nearly 2 ½ times the district average - $6000
- We pay for the 5th grade camp bus. - $3000.
- We pay for a RAZ-Kids subscription to enhance literacy. - $1,100.
- We pay for a student magazine subscription for enhanced education & literacy. - $1,560.
- We fund many assemblies. - $2,000
- We pay for teacher & staff appreciation activities. - $950.
- We fund character-building for the Safety Patrol. - $500.
- We fund Art Smarts to nurture creativity. - $450.
- We fund Science Night, Field Day, the Talent Show and the Family Picnic - $1,000.
- We provide a movie license for the school so teachers can legally play movies - $400.
- We pay for grounds beautification and provide minor handyman services (Husky Dads and Grounds)- $700.
- We have a program called, Watch Dogs, which gets dads, uncles and grandpas involved at Hill - $550.
- We organize a school dance, a variety show, and a family picnic.
- We organize a blood drive and a food program, Bounty in a Backpack, for low-income Troy families.
- We support literacy in the neighborhood with Little Free Libraries in front of the school, behind it and throughout our neighborhood.
- We provide room parents for the classrooms.
- We hold a welcome back coffee on the first day of school for all parents to meet and greet.
- We sponsor the new Hill Robotics Club!